Last Wednesday as Evan was eating his breakfast in the car he bit into a piece of sliced mango and said Mommy my tooth hurts followed by "Oh no Mommy, it's loose". What? All I could think of was that he had a cavity that was hurting. We are pretty good about brushing, but these things happen. So once I stop the car he showed me the culprit, and it was his bottom left front tooth. What? Already? I was in complete awe. None of his friends have lost their teeth. Since Evan was born so early he has always been the late bloomer with everything. This is why this took me by surprise. Is something wrong? I hide the worry and replace it with excitement, telling Evan how this means he is growing up, that he will get new grown up teeth, and of course that the tooth fairy will be visiting once it actually falls out. He then got excited and started showing his friends his loose tooth. I talked to friends and the teachers at preschool and then realized this is normal. I tell ya there is never a dull moment being a Mommy!
This morning when he came into my room much earlier than usual he had something very special to show me. He had pulled it out on his own. My big boy will likely be very excited to go to bed tonight to see what kind of treasure the tooth fairy will leave under his pillow.
Meet the New Reversible Top Tie Bow Boho Bag!
2 weeks ago



1 comment:
Aww...another big step for Evan. I hope the toothfairy is good to him.
Post a Comment