Friday, May 23, 2008

Foto Friday and Flying Solo

This morning I took Geoff to the airport where he will be gone until Monday. He has gone to see his Grandfather whom is not doing very well. I know it will not be an easy visit and I so wish we could all be there as a family. It's only for three days, but we are rarely apart. He called me from the airport to say he already missed us. I know many women are without their husbands for days and sometimes weeks at a time, but honestly I don't think I could do it.

Tonight Evan saved half of his bag of skittles for Daddy for when he comes home, and Calum started saying "dada" and looking around with his hands held out as if he were saying "Where did he go"? He hasn't been gone for 24 hours and already I had to take the garbage out (where are those bags??), set my own alarm clock (now that one took some figuring out), move the car into the garage, water the garden, grass, and all the flowers, and lock up all the doors and windows before bed.

I am fortunate enough that my mom and her husband have come to stay with me (because I am spoiled) for the next few days since I am not a fan of staying alone!

We miss you Daddy! Hurry home!! Here are random pictures from our week!

Evan is becoming more insistent about what he wants to wear. Check out the socks!



Evan and Hannah sponge painting at preschool.

Grandma and Calum

Evan and Grandma



post signature

5 comments:

Cecily R said...

I hope Geoff's grandpa is okay!

I hate staying home alone. I am kind of a freak. Jon and I have been married for 12 years and never once have I slept in our bed when he's out of town. I always have to sleep on the couch. I totally ge where you're coming from.

LOVE the socks!! SOO glad you are playing my FF game!!

Anonymous said...

I hope Geoff has a good visit, even though it's not under the best of circumstances. I also hope that time passes by quickly for you guys!

I’m with you, I don’t like having to take out the garbage when Tim is away and LOL… at the alarm clock setting, and didn’t that use to be my job in college? Brandi

Melissa said...

I hate being home alone... my hubby is probably leaving for a 5 day camp out with the boys in our church and well... I am not looking forward to handling our baby by my self. Plus we have never spent more than 1 day apart.

Trish said...

We are praying for Geoff and his family in Canada. I know it is a hard time for him.

I understand how hard it is when your husband is gone for even one night. Who do you hold in the middle of the night, right? Good thing Norma Jean is there for you guys. Come for dinner one night. Your more than welcome.

Take care. Love you guys.

Casey's trio said...

Ahhh you spoiled-spoiled girl:) I'm glad you survived the weekend and it's a good thing your mom was there to let you rest. Hope you are feeling better! Did Trish start a blog??