Yes..it's true..Calum went pee pee on the potty for the first time at 19 months old. About a month ago he began showing interest, and saying pee-pee whenever he saw big brother go. So we decided to get out the potty and put it in the bathroom. He has sat on it a few times and would smile big and say pee pee, but hadn't gone yet
Yesterday while Evan was brushing his teeth Calum went to his potty and said "Pee-Pee", so I took his diaper off and let him sit. He sat for about 30 seconds, got up, and then sat back down repeating "pee-pee". Each time I tried to say let's put your diaper back on he was insistent about siting on the potty. So I let him sit while I went to Evan's room to get his clothes for school.
Evan shouted "Mo mmmmmy, Calum went pee-peeeeee."
Couldn't be, so I thought.
I shouted back.." No Evan, he's just sitting on the potty..he's practicing.."Evan responded.."No Mommy, I heard it."
Sure enough..he had gone pee-pee..Evan and I clapped and praised him for his accomplishment.
He looked at us as if it was not a big deal.
Could it be this easy? I hope so. Maybe he'll just potty train himself. Now wouldn't that be nice!
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek



29 comments:
That would be SO VERY nice!!!!!
Oh, yeah! VERY nice, but not very probable! :)
tm
I'm trying really hard to curb my jealousy...
fun psf!
That WOULD be very nice...and I would be VERY jealous. There is no possible way that with her siblings' track record, that Evie will be ready for that in two months. If she follow suit she won't be ready for two years...
Here's hoping it's that easy!
That is so cute! Love it when they get it!
All of my kids, but particularly my son, just got it one day.
Here's hoping that this will be the same case for you.
Good for Calum! I think girls are easier to potty train. I hope it's easy for you and Calum though.
let's hope so! what a cutie
Yay Calum! (cool name by the way...)
Oh WOW! How great would that be??
If it isn't that easy, we'll just have another potty-training summer next year!
Man, I hope it's just that easy for you (and me!) Brandi
Hello from PSF...Good job for him!! Those are such happy moments!!
That's how easy my daughter was. I hope that this is the beginning of something wonderful (and easy)! My son is 17 months. He likes to say "yuck" when someone is in the bathroom. I think he might give me a run for my money. *L*
It is so nice when they start going to the potty. Congrats!
Maybe it will be easier.
Peepee on the pot-tay! Peepee on the pot-tay!
So fun! Here's to a diaperless future within your grasp!
Congratulations to your little guy! This is such a big step to being a big boy! :)
That's a great story! What a cutie too. It really seems like he's associating the word with the action and that's an awesome first step. I really think modeling helps out a lot with potty training. :)
Hurray!!!!!!!!
We almost did ICSI too, so I know all those acronyms on the side of your blog ;)
wow, that is fantastic!
How nice would that be! Great PSF!
Well when Calum is done can he come teach Kaden because he is being stubborn and has no interest. My boys were so easy I'm glad I'm done though. LOL
yay for calum!!
and here's hoping it is totally that easy!!
Now that would be SO nice!
Ha Ha! That is awesome! What a smart boy.
Wow, I remember those days. There were times of stress but mostly it was times of being proud. Awesome!!!!!
Good luck...maybe he can give Owen a few pointers!
Fingers crossed that it IS to be! :)
Post a Comment