Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A Sunday Date

Evan and I went out for a date to the movies on Sunday, and we had so much fun!

It was your first time going to the movies, and you were adorable! First you got you your own popcorn and soda, which are your two favorite things in life so this was just as exciting as the actual movie. You were sure to clearly tell Mommy that it was only yours, and that I needed to get my own. It's not often that you don't have to share, but today was the exception.

We saw Madagascar II. You loved sitting with Mommy, eating your popcorn, drinking your soda, and watching the movie. You must have leaned over to Mommy to cuddle, put your head on my shoulder, sat on my lap, and told me you loved me at least a dozen times, followed by lots of

"Thank you Mommy for taking me to the movies" throughout the afternoon.

I love our dates together.

I love how you love spending time with me.

There is no better feeling in the world.

I know someday this will change, but hopefully not too much.

I hope we will always have dates together, even when your a teenager and it's not so cool to hang out with Mom. I do realize that at that point you will need some space, and I hope that I am able to give it to you. But for now I am going to soak up these precious moments where it's just you and me.

post signature

11 comments:

Mary Franks said...

Sounds like a wonderful day. Kaden loves the movies, he called to tell me he went to see "move it move it" (Madagascar) and the week before that he saw the "wha whas" (Chiuauas). I don't think Evan will ever not want to spend time with you.

Laura said...

That is SOO sweet! We saw that movie (all four of my kids and me though) and my kids loved it!

Cecily R said...

What a great way to spend a day!

I'm sure there will come a time when he needs space, but I hope he always recognizes what a great mom he has and how lucky he is.

CC said...

Too cute! My kids' first movie was two summers ago when we were broiling up and had to get into an air conditioned building. I think we saw Cars....

Anonymous said...

That's so sweet, glad you two had fun! Brandi

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

oh my gosh, this post was just lovely! i can totally picture the two of you sitting there side by side enjoying your own bags of popcorn and sodas. what a precious moment!

amanda said...

awww honey. that makes my heart smile!!

i love that you guys do this :)

Elizabeth said...

So sweet...what great memories for both you and Evan.

Claremont First Ward said...

I don't have dates with my children nearly enough..........

Casey's trio said...

A movie date sounds so good. I would even go see Madagascar 2 just for a chance to go to the theater! Lucky mom and Evan:)

tiarastantrums said...

that was way too sweet!!!!!